All Things Must Pass


It has been a long, long time since I first entered the digital world. 1989 to be exact. I was active on bulletin boards, then on the WWW. I used ICQ, MIRC, Chatrooms, all kinds of applications. I've met and made amazing, lifelong friends through the digital sphere. 

I can't say that it has always been smooth sailing, because it hasn't, but I've always tried to keep ahead of the curve. I started this blog back in 2003 - 21 years ago now. It's been a long, strange, but mostly fun, trip. I've made a few chums along the way, broken some news and made some enemies doing it. So it goes really. Regrets? Only one, but I'm not going to tell what it is. See if you can find it.

In order to keep up with the times, I've decided to move over to Substack. This will enable me the opportunity to reach far more people than this blog does, and also make a bit of money from my work. The content will be free, if you want it to be so. The difference is, if you want to support my work, you can. No biggie if you can't - I understand how tight things are. I expect that I'll still post here, every so often, but it won't be regular, and it won't be exclusive. That material will be going live on Substack first. 

So, if you're one of those who reads what I do, and wants to interact, then you know what to do. I'll be doing the occasional Podcast from there, along with answering questions, conducting interviews and giving an insight into what I'm doing. I'll also be sharing material that has been published in magazines and books, but has not appeared on-line. 

Please, do come and visit me on Substack. My content will be AI free, for one. For another, it'll hopefully be more entertaining than most, and more regular. It's already up and running.

For those who don't click links (don't blame ya), head to the Substack Site and look for me under my name: Daniel Best - Author.

It's not goodbye, it's see you around.

 

Comments