Prime Minister's Signatures - A Neat Dozen

Following on from previous posts that showcase some of the signatures I have in my collection, I was asked if I have any Australian Prime Ministers.

The answer is, of course! Not all of them, but quite a few. A dozen in fact. Out of the 30 Prime Ministers that this country has had, I have 12 of them, some on more than one item. Most are in books - autobiographies and the like - some are cuts from letters and three are from an amazing Member's book that once belonged to the Conservative Club of Melbourne in the early 1930s. And when I say amazing, I mean it's fascinating. Each member has their full name and address listed, and guests speakers details are entered, complete with signatures. Honorary Members included three Prime Ministers (both former and future) and a number of noted economists, leaders in the conservative movement and military. You don't want to know what I paid for that, suffice to say it wasn't cheap and I couldn't afford it then and certainly couldn't afford it now.

When it comes to collecting Prime Ministers, I've made a conscious decision not to bother with either Tony Abbott or Scott Morrison. I don't respect either man, and I'll be damned if I'll waste my time or money tracking them down. Funny story - I was once in a book store where they were selling signed copies of one of Abbotts books for $2. I passed. I'm not even going to spend that small amount.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Here's your dozen Australian Prime Ministers.

PM # 5: Andrew Fisher

PM #7: Billy Hughes

PM #8: Stanley Bruce

PM #12: Robert Menzies

PM #16: Ben Chifley

PM #17: Harold Holt

PM #21: Gough Whitlam

PM #22: Malcolm Fraser

PM #23: Bob Hawke

PM #25: John Howard

PM #27: Julia Gillard

PM #29: Malcolm Turnbull

So, who's on the hit list? Naturally the dead PMs always will be, but that's just natural. Of the living, Paul Keating and Kevin Rudd are the only ones I need. Keating I know will be near impossible, but, hopefully Kevin Rudd will see this and drop me a line...one never knows!

Feel free to make any suggestions for any signatures you'd like to see showcased in the future.



Comments

Previous Posts!

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New York Scam: A Serious Warning For All Travellers

MARVEL COMICS DEMANDS $17,000 from BROKE CREATOR of GHOST RIDER! The Shame Of Marvel...Part II

Yogi Bear's Sexuality Explained