Original Art Stories: Miller v Varley: Stolen Art Allegations


The most recent court case involving comic book creators landed on Monday, 18 November 2019, and it's a doozy! I have to admit that when I saw the name 'Frank Miller' pop up in my feed, I instantly thought that Miller had finally grown a pair and was suing Marvel for ownership of Elektra. Alas, that's not to be. Instead he's suing his ex-wife, the colourist Lynn Varley, alleging that she stole several of his roughs and consigning them to well known art dealer Mitch Itkowitz.

Watch this one, it has the potential to get very, very interesting indeed, and not just because of the fight between Miller and Varley, no, this has the potential to expose how some (not all) art dealers openly deal in art that they know or even suspect is stolen, or has dubious title. The under the table deals, the quick sale, the secrecy - fingers crossed that it all comes out in the open with this case. It certainly has the potential.

Until then, feast your eyes upon Miller v Varley! As always, click on the images for the full size, if you can't read them.



Comments

The Seditionist said…
For some reason, I find this so sad.
Meanwhile, here's a case in which Miller was a defendant and it's... interesting:
http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/iscroll/SQLData.jsp?IndexNo=157068-2012
And back to Miller and Varley: The divorce was contested which, I dunno, inexplicably bothers me.
And FWIW, I am not a Miller fan; what bothers me doesn't bother me on a fannish level but just because it's all pretty sad.

Previous Posts!

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New York Scam: A Serious Warning For All Travellers

MARVEL COMICS DEMANDS $17,000 from BROKE CREATOR of GHOST RIDER! The Shame Of Marvel...Part II

Yogi Bear's Sexuality Explained