They Don't Make Ads Like This Anymore: Howard Rogofsky

Famous Monsters of Filmland 1969
Even in Australia we've heard of Howard Rogofsky.

His reputation certainly preceded him, and not always in the best light.  The word was that you could get what you wanted or needed from Howard, but condition wasn't always a priority.  I knew a guy who had a nickname for him, but I won't repeat it here, I'll let others utter that dreaded word, if they dare.  He sold high and bought low, and while that might annoy a lot of people, that sounds like good business sense to me.

One local dealer I knew absolutely hated Howard.  He hated that Howard charged high grade prices, but then this dealer would routinely order comics for his customers, get them into the store and switch them over, keeping the high grade for himself and giving the customer the lower grade comic from his personal collection.  Not that he told anyone what he was doing.  But he would do to his customers what he accused Howard of doing to him.

Quid pro quo I guess.

You see, I never had any dealings with Howard, so I have no opinion one way or the other on the man.  I just like the ad.

Comments

libraryguy said…
This takes me back. I remember ordering some comics and magazines from him back when there were no other sources to. Some thing like Spaceman magazine I think. The world sure has changed!

Previous Posts!

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New York Scam: A Serious Warning For All Travellers

MARVEL COMICS DEMANDS $17,000 from BROKE CREATOR of GHOST RIDER! The Shame Of Marvel...Part II

Yogi Bear's Sexuality Explained