Vale Rich Buckler

Rich Buckler has left us, after a long battle with cancer.
I had the good fortune to work with Rich on a series of essays detailing his life and career. I know people had issues with him, but I always found him to be warm and receptive, but also a bit restrained until we got to know each other a lot better. Even when I suggested that he address the allegations of swiping in his series, he took in the spirit that I meant and tackled it head on and explained himself perfectly, and with dignity.
He was a complex man, but he was an incredibly talented artist and creator. He was one of the original fans who broke into the big leagues and left an indelible mark on the industry. His work, unlike many others, is still in print and is still being referenced by many of today's artists.  May he rest easy.
Vale Rich Buckler.  You will be missed by many.

Comments

Unknown said…
So sad to hear about the passing of one of my favorite artists. Rest in peace, Rich. And thank you, Daniel, for those great essays of his that you posted on your site.
paul Mcscotty said…
Very sad news indeed - I always remember the day I picked up "Deathlok the Demolisher" in Astonishing tales 25 it blew me away and is still one of my all-time favourite comics (I still have that dog-eared copy in my collection) I have to say I was not aware of any "swiping" just that he tended to switch styles between Kirby, Neal Adams and John Buscema influences all done to perfection whist still looking like Rich Buckler – Thanks for the great comics and memories Rich. Commiserations of course to his family and friends at their lose.

Previous Posts!

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New York Scam: A Serious Warning For All Travellers

MARVEL COMICS DEMANDS $17,000 from BROKE CREATOR of GHOST RIDER! The Shame Of Marvel...Part II

Yogi Bear's Sexuality Explained