Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Random Notes: Superman Presents Tip Top

I've been silent for the past few weeks, mainly because I've been recovering from a double blow of losing my father-in-law and also having surgery on both knees.  Life often gets in the way of things really.  Still, the world keeps moving, I can now walk again and things are settling back into a nice, quiet routine.  Let's keep it that way, shall we?

Just to hold readers over, allow me to share some random images from the many, many scans that I've been doing over the past fortnight.  I'll be sharing scans of Aussie comic books that I both own, have owned and some I've had to sell in recent times to pay for the bills that have cropped up due to the knee surgery.  And I'll pose some questions along the way.

First up, Tip Top.  This title was published by K.G. Murray in the 1960s/1970s.  I see them everywhere, but there's something about issue #98.  You tell me what you think it's worth, in the comments section.  I'm betting that nobody even gets close. There's no unpublished stories in the book, as far as I can tell, but, for some reason, this one issue is more sought after than any other K.G. Murray I've owned in recent times. Both issues I've had have sold and for amounts that have made me stop in my tracks.  Anyway, have a peek...

No comments: