Sunday, October 14, 2012

Don Hudson's Gunpowder Girl and the Outlaw Squaw: Escape To Mexico!

I normally don't plug Kickstarter projects - I do support them though - but this is one that's worth the plug.  My pal, Don Hudson, has decided to take the plunge and is raising funds for his forthcoming project 'Gunpowder Girl and the Outlaw Squaw: Escape To Mexico!'.  Don has this to say about the project, "This is what I have been preparing for for years! I published my first Graphic Novel with Active Images in 2005 and for the sequel I am hoping to get funding with your help! My western adventure book is drawn and am proud of it! I just need money for production costs and printing."  You can't argue that.

Knowing Don this will be a solid project, a great story and damned good artwork to boot.  And the benefits for supporting this one are great - the pledges start at a mere $5.00 and go up to $2,000.  The benefits for the pledges range from copies of the finished book, through to commissions, original art and the promises of having a professional colourist colour your work.  In one of the best such benefits I've seen, the big one will see Don work with someone to create their own comic book - Don will pencil and ink anyone's original concept at a publishable level.  Trust me, that's as good as you're ever going to get if you're just starting up and want something concrete to show people, or to self-publish.

Do the good thing and support Don.  He's been around long enough to know what he's doing, he's worked with some of the greats and is a good guy.  I'll be chipping in on this one, I just wish I could afford the big one myself, because then the world would finally see that one concept I've been kicking around for ears now...the Zombie Frank Banner!

1 comment:

Don Hudson said...

Thanks for your support Dan! You really are the Best.