Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stan Lee - Not Quite Dead Yet

It'll disappoint a lot of those who believe that Stan is the devil, but he's not quite dead just yet.  This week Stan cancelled all upcoming personal and public appearances with the excuse that he was having health issues.  Rumours ran riot with many predicting the imminent demise of Stan, but hot off the press release channels came this from POW! Entertainment, Stan's company:

Attention, Troops!

This is a dispatch sent from your beloved Generalissimo, directly from the center of Hollywood’s combat zone!

Now hear this! Your leader hath not deserted thee! In an effort to be more like my fellow Avenger, Tony Stark, I have had an electronic pace-maker placed near my heart to insure that I’ll be able to lead thee for another 90 years.

But fear thee not, my valiant warriors. I am in constant touch with our commanders in the field and victory shall soon be ours. Now I must end this dispatch and join my troops, for an army without a leader is like a day without a cameo!

Let that put your mind at rest.  Stan should, hopefully, be with us for years to come.  It shouldn't matter if you like him or not, those who wish him ill just aren't worth the effort.  Stan is who he is, you might not like some of what he says, or done, but he's still with us and that's important.  

Get well soon Stan!


Kid said...

And long may he reign over us. Excelsior!

Rip Jagger said...

Outstanding news! Whatever the debates over the decades, it's almost impossible not to adore the irrepressible Stan "The Man" Lee. I'm glad to hear he's on the mend.

Rip Off

James Howell said...

I have never understood people that want to beat up on a ninety year old man. No one has done more for the comic book industry than Stan Lee. No one. He has always been good to the fans and really deserves better than what he has received. Especially the last ten years or so. Every industry should have a great spokesperson like Stan Lee.