Thursday, June 14, 2012

Aliens Invade Elizabeth, South Australia!

These clippings explain a lot really.  I was born and raised in Elizabeth and I was sure that some people were aliens, now I'm totally convinced.  And the Irish!  God help us all.  Still I think the clue as to what the mysterious lights might have been are contained in the last line in the first clipping, but then, back in the early 1960s, the idea of planes flying over Salisbury and Elizabeth at night was still very much a novelty and, if I'm to be honest, I never heard about these 'mystery' objects in the air over Elizabeth and Salisbury during my childhood.  Having said that I met noted Ufologist, the late Colin Norris, more than once and he often regaled me with stories of aliens landing in Argarna Park (those from Elizabeth will know where I mean).  I liked Colin, people thought he was a nut, I thought he was cool...but then I was young.  As I got older I knew he was cool.

But just what were those lights that raised the interest of those people from my home town?


Hopefully people will enjoy these vintage UFO clippings that I recently discovered inserted into a book.  They appear to date from the late 1950s through to the mid 1960s and the only bad thing about them is that there's all too few of them to view.  I know I got a chuckle out of them.


1 comment:

Heartbeatoz said...

Wonder if the the Elizabeth sitings had anything to do with The Weapons Research Centre at the time :)