Monday, March 08, 2010

Real Vampire Posters


Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a large collection of movie posters and that I adore the medium. Thus it was a delight to find these stunners. Sadly I don't own them, they come to me via a book called The Seal Of Dracula, it's long out of print and my copy is beaten to the point of it being unsalable. Not that I mind, I want the book for its contents, and when the contents are as good as these, well, who cares about how rough the book is, or that half of it falls to the ground when I open it.

Now these are REAL vampires. None of that Twilight shit here, no Emo vampires, just real, fangs out and chomp the neck style vampires from back in the day when vampires were genuinely scary at the same time as being devastatingly seductive. She may have had a dodgy name, but Yutte Stensgaard, along with Ingrid Pitt and the other Hammer Horror girls helped me sleep better at night. After all if I was going to be killed, I could never think of a better way than at the hands of a large breasted Swedish blonde. Munch away baby! As for Christopher Lee, well, the title of his autobiography, Tall, Dark & Gruesome was as apt as they came.

I wish they still made movies this good these days, but when technology took over the end was near. These days a soulless movie such as Avatar can win awards due to the fact that it pushes the boundaries of what a computer can do, while ignoring little things like story, plot, script and character development. Still, we always have video and posters like these for the walls! And if you're feeling adventurous, feel free to play 'spot the artist' and post the results of your findings in the comments section.

Enjoy!







1 comment:

Joe Jusko said...

All these do is drive home how much movie posters suck these days. Thanks for posting these!