Thursday, October 22, 2009

20th century Danny Boy @ Pandora

Call me funny, call me odd, but now you can call me IMMORTAL!! I was approached yesterday and asked if I'd provide permission for this blog to be part of The National Library of Australia's Pandora Archive. Naturally I said yes. It came out of the blue and I have no idea as to who, if anyone, suggested me as a viable source of information worthy of inclusion.

In case you're wondering what Pandora is, here's a glimpse from their About Us page: "PANDORA, Australia's Web Archive, is a growing collection of Australian online publications, established initially by the National Library of Australia in 1996, and now built in collaboration with nine other Australian libraries and cultural collecting organisations.

"The name, PANDORA, is an acronym that encapsulates our mission: Preserving and Accessing Networked Documentary Resources of Australia."

You can colour me a very happy, and very honoured person today. This means that when you do a search in libraries for information, you're likely to come up with this blog. I'm more than happy to allow the National Library access to the blog so it can be archived properly, not only now but in perpetuity and hopefully the information contained within the blog, and it's links, can be useful for people doing research in decades to come. Personally I've not felt this chuffed since the publication of my first ever article. And to all of those people who've said that I'm a bum with no redeeming values and never worthy of reading, let alone publishing, from school through to now, hey - where's YOUR listing in the National Library bucko? Yep, thought so.

You can find not only me but a number of other bloggers at the Pandora site. You'll find me easily enough, I'm the only numeric site listed, always an advantage.

No comments: