Remembering Jim Mooney

Today is always a bit of a bittersweet day for me because it's the day where I always remember the birthday of Jim Mooney. Today would have been cause for celebration as he would have turned 90 - a milestone in anyone's book. Sadly Marvel and most other people are busily celebrating the passing of others and appear to not be bothered with someone such as Mooney, who began drawing comic books a mere 18 months after the launch of Action Comics #1, worked at DC from the 1940s through to the late 1960s, returned to Marvel in 1968 and remained there until the early 1990s and drew his last comic towards the turn of the last century. In doing all of this Mooney helped build the bedrock upon which other men built their own careers on, so I thought I'd help fill the void a bit and remind people that, yes, artistic giants such as Mooney did walk upon this planet and they are remembered and are still appreciated.

In the past I've written a lot about Jim Mooney and it still bothers me that I can't find a publisher to finally publish his biography, but hopefully, one day, things will change. If nothing else Mooney certainly deserves to have his story out there. Until then enjoy the art shown here (which isn't anywhere near representative of the incredible output that Mooney produced), click on the link above to read more about Jim Mooney and raise a glass to celebrate the birth of a true legend in the comic book world.
















Comments

Al Bigley said…
Jm was a terrific artist and a real gentleman.

Al Bigley
Mike Moran said…
I just read his Comic Book Artist interview and he was great! I remember his Spider-Man was one of my favs!

Previous Posts!

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New York Scam: A Serious Warning For All Travellers

MARVEL COMICS DEMANDS $17,000 from BROKE CREATOR of GHOST RIDER! The Shame Of Marvel...Part II

Yogi Bear's Sexuality Explained