Sunday, May 17, 2009

Original Art Stories: Gene Colan's Dubious Daredevil #1: MYSTERY SOLVED

Since I went public with the concerns surrounding the Gene Colan Daredevil #1 piece the consignor has come forward with the following explanation, "Hello everyone, I am the original consignor of this piece. I arranged to have it done directly with Gene and Adrienne many years ago as a gift for my husband. It was to be the first in a series of Daredevil cover recreations and this was before Gene had started doing Daredevil cover recreations. If anyone is interested I do have the original letter that accompanied this piece when Gene sent it to me.

"Over the years we have donated a lot of original art to various charities and this was one of those pieces. I hope this helps clear things up."

Now, if only Heritage could have done that, instead of being as vague as they are. As it stands, the art is genuine, so bid away!

No comments: