Monday, June 16, 2008

Original Art Stories: Gene Colan: More Auctions

Clifford Meth has been working overtime when it comes to the auctions for Gene Colan. You can see some images here, but I recommend you scoot on over to the auctions themselves and bid, bid, BID!

This first image is part of my contribution/donation to the Gene Colan Benefit. I wracked my brains to come up with something that would fetch a decent amount for Gene and then settled for a signed copy of the Andru & Esposito book. But not just any signed copy - so far, to date, it's the only copy signed by both Mike Esposito and myself. I always promised myself I'd not sign any copies of the book, but relented when asked. The art you see here I also donated - it's the actual original art that Mike inked (over a copy of Ross Andru pencils) that was used for the front piece for the limited edition signed copy of the book. It was hard to part with this, but as it's now over the $100 mark, well that's vindication for me, and more funds for Gene. And that's what counts.

Visit the eBay auctions and bid, and bid big. It's all for a good cause and all of the art shown here is up for grabs - what could be better?

BOB LAYTON SUPERGIRL

GENE COLAN & DAVE SIMONS RAMPAGING HULK PAGE

JIM STARLIN CAPTAIN MARVEL SKETCH. I know a story about this art...

FRED HEMBECK - DAREDEVIL HEROES AND VILLIANS

And there's more art from the likes of Gene himself, Rafael Kayanan, Erik Larsen, Donna Barr and many, many more. At the end of the day Clifford should be nominated for some kind of an award, and not only nominated, but granted all the honours and praise he richly deserves.

No comments: