Birthday

According to the Wikipedia the following people all share the same birthday.

1530 - Tsar Ivan IV of Russia (d. 1584)
1819 - Allan Pinkerton, American private detective (d. 1884)
1909 - Ruby Keeler, Canadian singer and actress (d. 1993)
1913 - Walt Kelly, American cartoonist (d. 1973)
1916 - Van Johnson, American actor
1917 - Mel Ferrer, American actor
1918 - Leonard Bernstein, American conductor, composer, educator and pianist (d. 1990)
1930 - Sir Sean Connery, British actor
1933 - Tom Skerritt, American actor
1938 - Frederick Forsyth, English author
1939 - John Badham, American film director
1947 - Anne Archer, American actress
1949 - Martin Amis, English novelist
1949 - John Savage, American actor
1949 - Gene Simmons, Israeli-born bassist and singer (KISS)
1951 - Rob Halford, English singer (Judas Priest)
1952 - Geoff Downes, English keyboardist (Buggles, Yes, Asia)
1954 - Elvis Costello, English musician
1958 - Tim Burton, American film director, producer, and screenwriter
1964 - Blair Underwood, American actor
1970 - Claudia Schiffer, German model

You can add me to that list, I'm somewhere after Blair Underwood and slightly before Claudia Schiffer. Somehow that seems apt, although, given half a chance, I'd be chasing after Schiffer in a heartbeat.

It was a good day. I went to the day job as usual where I received piles of well wishes, a few hugs and a few pecks, along with a swearing plush parrot (loads of laughs at work as we pressed the button without knowing his true nature and heard his tones screaming, "Hey - Go f*&k yourself!") and a wonderful cake. Here the lovely other half and kidlets snagged me a lava lamp - just the gift for a retro boy such as myself. I do admit that I'm mildly freaked about being in the last year of my 30s, but that, and my aching knees, just reminds me I am getting old.

Exchange of the day: "Is it really your birthday?"
"Yes."
"How nice. Now get back to work."

Have to love the caring and sharing of the Australian public service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARVEL COMICS DEMANDS $17,000 from BROKE CREATOR of GHOST RIDER! The Shame Of Marvel...Part II

Yogi Bear's Sexuality Explained

We Made The Washington Post!

Previous Posts!

Show more