Saturday, February 04, 2006

Slack Days And Torn Pants

That's a title that'll sound oddly familiar to most Australians. Hey, Half Days & Patched Pants was one of my favourite books growing up.

Slack day here, and I did throw out a lot of torn pants in a wardrobe clean up. I should be working but I'm not - I'm a naughty little swine. Had a big night out on the pop last night with the missus and Chadwick, plus some people I've worked with; Davros, Kim, Ant and the legendary Omar. You gotta see and hear Omar to believe him. As a result I'm taking today off to consolidate my thoughts and tomorrow I'll be back into the groove and working like a dog once more. It's amazing really, I've always wanted to be a writer and now, in less than 12 months, I'll be starting my third book. I expect that they'll all be published in one big bang too - can't wait really. Once I'm able to I'll let the world know who the third book is about... it'll surprise a lot of people and hopefully it'll get people talking. Until then the Mooney book is running along quite nicely and all things being equal it'll be finished before I know it. I'm about to be propelled into a position of envy, and that's the way I like it...

No comments: